How to Troubleshoot Audio & Video Issues
If you’re encountering audio or video issues while attempting to watch a course on a browser, this article includes several ways to troubleshoot and resolve these problems. Our Support Team also refers to the troubleshooting steps in this article when responding to inquiries regarding playback issues.
- Learn more about Taleemgah’s system requirements.
- Please note that a broadband connection with a minimum speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps is required to watch a Taleemgah course on your device.
How to check if your playback environment’s causing the issue
To determine whether your device, settings or internet connection may be causing the problem, please do to the following:
- Check your network configuration by using our system check and follow any troubleshooting steps that are recommended.
- Try watching another lecture or course (if you are only enrolled in one course, you can use the course preview feature).
If you’re able to watch other lectures without any problems, this may indicate there is a technical issue with the original video. Please contact support so our team can investigate further and report the issue.
If you’re encountering playback issues with other lectures, however, then please try the troubleshooting steps below.
How to resolve audio and video issues with your playback environment
If you’ve determined the problem is due to an issue with your course playing environment, please do the following:
- Try watching the original lecture in an incognito window.
- If the video plays without issue, try checking your extension, plugin or firewall program on your device to see if it needs to be reconfigured or disabled.
- Try a different browser.
- If you’re not already using Google Chrome, we recommend using it, as we’ve found it works best to watch Taleemgah courses.
- Update your browser.
- Check your browser version and update it if needed.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache and restart it before trying again.
- If you have a lot of browser tabs open, close most of them except the one you’re using to watch the course.
- Test your internet connection speed.
- A minimum internet speed of 5Mbit or 800kbps is required to watch a Taleemgah course on your device. Test your internet connection speed to make sure your environment meets this and that your system meets Taleemgah’s requirements.
- If your internet speed is low, try lowering the video quality of the lecture, or watching the course when your internet connection is stronger.
- Turn off any hardware acceleration you have installed (in Firefox or on Windows).
- Check your audio settings.
- If you can’t hear any audio, double check to see that the course player volume is turned up and that the video is not muted. Check the sound settings on your device.
- Restart your computer and network devices (modems/switches/routers).
If you’re still encountering issues after following the steps above, please contact our Support Team. In the interim, if the course is available for download, try watching it offline or on the mobile app.