Articulation Points of Arabic Alphabet Letters
About This Course
Articulation Points of Arabic Alphabet Letters.
There are 5 Major areas in our mouth to deliver the 29 Arabic letters from 17 articulation points.
Those 5 major areas are:
3. Ash’ shafataan
- Before we get started, you can test if you’re using the right articulation point for a letter in three ways:
- Pronounce the letter with a shaddah [ّّ ] (In other words, double the letter).
- Pronounce the letter with no vowel.
- Put a hamzah [ء] before the letter you are checking.
- You can then check the position of your tongue, mouth, or feel what area of the throat you are using.